News & Updates
- Horsehunter 'Caged In Flesh' which is a MASSIVE record that you really need to hunt down and own has sold out of 2XLPs in a few hours when placed on pre-order - insert sad face emoticon. Anyway, we are happy to let you know that you can pre-order a copy of CIF on iTunes right now.
- Rochester, NY's hardcore/metal band Sunflo'er have announced signing with MER, revealed their cover art and the track 'Deer Clock', and started a pre-order for their debut '1963'. The band recorded their debut at Apartment 2 Studios in Ottawa, Canada with Topon Das of Relapse's Fuck the Facts (Topon also guests on a few tunes) and this 9 track record rules. Stream 'Deer Clock' and place a pre-order at store.merhq.com. The full length debut is out May 19, 2015 on dd/cd/lp formats.
- February 28, 2015 - it's on! So today, we premiere the video for Superchief's 'Trophy Room'; due out March 17 dd/cd/lp. The Des Moines, Iowa biker/stoner/boozin and brawlin band goes down perfect with a shot of whiskey, Clutch, Scissorfight and all bands that are mighty and badass. We've embedded the video from Radial Channel where the Superchief men are debut next to Torche's Restarter record. Stay tuned for lots of news from the Superchief camp as their record drops and they announce their tour plans.
- January 5, 2015 100 copies of the Various Artists LP "Best of James Marshall Hendrix" are now available for pre-order over at Store.MERhq.com.
- January 4, 2015 Hello New Year and new website. Welcome to 2015, the year we will be bringing you releases from Horsehunter, Superchief, Summoner, Elephant Tree, Arae, Sunflo'er and more.
Melbourne Australia's powerhouse Horsehunter are set to release their debut "Caged in Flesh" April 21, 2015. Having spent much of their time since forming in 2012 providing support to Windhand, High on Fire, Kylesa, Conan, King Parrot, Beastwars and Sleep the band has certainly created quite the name for themselves. Caged in Flesh will be release as a dd/cd and as a Double Gatefold LP.
Des Moines, IA's Superchief are all about the beer and the broads and the broads and the booze. The band has their label debut "Trophy Room" set and in the can with a Spring 2015 date and a Summer tour in the works. Stay tuned for a record that will likely be a must have for all Clutch and Scissorfight fans around the globe.
New York based Atlantic drummer Dave Catuccio has been crafting his solo material literally for years. We are thinking few knew just how talented a singer-songwriter Dave was during his years with Atlantic and as this new year rolls in Dave is placing the finishing touches on his debut "Dreamstates". This stark and lyrical acoustic album will be a change of pace to those who have followed Dave's career as a top notch drummer. Dreamstates is due out later this year.
I AM BECOME DEATH
Boston, MA hardcore newcomers I am become Death have certainly been making a name for themselves on the circuit in the Northeast. Their recently released self-titled 10" is a rager from start to finish. Recorded by Chris McLaughlin (1867 Studios) and Carter Matschullat (Doom NYC) this beast of a record was than mastered by Alan Douches at West Side Music (Converge, High on Fire, Nails). You better believe that if you love hardcore, metal and punk you need to be owning this record and following this band.
Fort Worth, Texas's garage rock trio the Phuss have just come of a month long tour bring them over to the Northeast with the Battery Electric in support of their label debut "On the Prowl". On the Prowl is the perfect 8 song record which fits perfectly in your record collection alongside the Queens of the Stone Age, The Bronx, and White Stripes records you already own. This band is certainly powered by their drummers chops and their pedal to the metal attitude. The Phuss is a band that is best experienced live in a hot sweaty bar in Texas however you should get your hands on this band in any way and format that you can. The Phuss are rocking, sweaty and kicking ass 24/7.
Established in NY in 2007 and consisting of an ever changing lineup of exceptionally unknown musicians, Ironweed had been fortunate enough to support Baroness, The Sword, Coliseum and plenty of other great bands. After two releases with Small Stone Records and appearances at CMJ, SXSW and numerous tours the band has largely been inactive for the past few years. And now, after a long nap the band appears to be setting a course into uncharted territories in preparation of delivering a new record late 2015.
Both hailing from the North of England, Jack and Sam came together through work and a mutual interest in anything musically heavy. Early jam sessions started to bring out some monster riffs and it wasn't long until they were linking up with Pete of Trippy Wicked and Stubb heritage. Then, with the addition of the Canadian Boy Wonder, Riley, with his sitar and wizard-like physique, things moved up a notch again.
Playing their debut gig to a great crowd in April 2014 which lead to the demand for the recording of their first EP, titled Theia. Theia was released on cd and digitally in September 2014 and is set to be available on vinyl January 2015.
THE GLORIOUS REBELLION
Orlando, Florida's The Glorious Rebellion are straight up unapologetic masters of noise rock. This trio sounds like they're signed to Amphetamine Reptile and they're the bastard side project of members of Helmet and The Jesus Lizard. Orange Amps, pummeling riffs and blasted out vocals just grab you by the throat and do not let go. Having delivered a debut 7" and hit the road during the fall 2014 TGR is currently holed up recording their debut full length for release late 2015.
Boston, MA's Summoner is and forever will be the legendary four piece with dual guitars, the tightest and heaviest rhythm section and perfect lyrical imagery delivered masterfully. Both live and on record Summoner has carved out a sound and aesthetic that is beyond genre, the music and the band are just that great. With their 2012 label debut "Phoenix" and 2014 follow up "Atlantian" both entering a 3rd repress and the band working on a new record and tour dates 2015 appears to be their most productive year to date.
Alumni include AKUMA, OWL, FRANCIS GRAVES AND THE GET AROUNDS, VIRUSES, CARCINOGENIC CORPSE, ECHOES AND SIGNALS, LANDERIM, CLAYMATION, PURIFIER, SKELETONS IN THE PIANO.